Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Where The World Became Perfect

May 23rd at 12:08am

6lb 5oz

21 inches long

The cutest baby you've ever seen... and I'm not just bragging!

I am over come with joy to announce the birth of my nephew Gabriel Thomas Murphy... Its been an unbelievable blessing to have held such a perfect miracle. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

















So for the past few weeks I've been struggling with the idea of bringing a child into this broken and hurting world. I've stood in awe of Greg and Kelly and thought them the bravest of brave (or crazy) for bringing a child into this place which can be so messed up. But I get it now... he was perfect, and in him is a perfect promise of hope that with each generation, with each child God starts a new thread of His story of redemption. I believe tonight to be one of the most moving experiences that I have ever experienced. For everything in the world, I couldn't be as happy. I don't think I've ever experienced this kind of love: as long as he is healthy and happy, I could beg for nothing more in this world. All is right. If this is how I feel, I can only imagine the ways in which Greg and Kelly are feeling this love tonight.

Sweet Dreams Dearest Nephew!




Happy Birthday to my Daddy... He got an amazing birthday gift today by 8 minutes! Of all people to share a birthday with, I think my dads a great one!

2 comments:

nana said...

Yes Karen--I agree with you and the strange thing about it is that the same feelings are there with every baby that arrives. Love never divides it just multiplies.
I remember well May 23, 1952. Your dad couldn't have received a beter birthday gift.
Enjoy your new nephew and give him a hug and kiss from me.

Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Being an auntie is basically the greatest thing on earth.