Sunday, February 04, 2007

My Monsters and Goblins

So I don't have anything spectacular to share. My life is pretty standard... weeks come and go with the pointless freshman level classes that I had yet to take until my last quarter in college, late nights either talking with my roommates or out dancing at various asundry venues scattered all over Seattle, and the never ending job hunt or at least a search for something productive to do while I job hunt. One thing is for sure... I don't like not knowing what the heck is going to happen after March 17th! Ok, that's not entirely true. I'm leading a trip with some of my peers down to Mexico City directly after the quarter breaks, but after that 10 day trip, my days are as un-structured as I've ever had them... the abyss of the unknown looms in front of me. The giant monster that lives in my dirty closet named "lazy" and the sneaky goblin that sleeps under my bed named "fear" like to show their ugly faces from time to time. How much worse will it be when there is no real future... well at least not any plans... there is always a future just not one that I can see. God works in funny ways sometimes, and I'm hoping one day to get a laugh or two from this period of waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen---March 17th is a good day to finish college! Im sure there is a perfect position just waiting for you.

It's COLD in Illinois and I would like to graduate to summer, Ill even settle for spring.

Love, Nana